The College Community Council provides the opportunity for members of the College, Parish and Archdiocesan community to support the mission of Catholic Education. Working with the Principal and staff, the Community Council members provide leadership to the College community.
The Community Council has a decision-making role in certain policy areas and an advisory role in others. The policies of the College are always set within the wider mission of Catholic Education. In the areas where it has responsibility for the development and monitoring of policy the Community Council operates within the policy and procedures determined by the Catholic Education Commission and the Catholic Education Office.
The Community Council has responsibility to make decisions in the following areas:
- supporting the development of the Catholic ethos of the College
- supporting the pastoral care strategies
- promoting the College in the local community
- approving and monitoring of the College-based budget including the fees collection and
- developing and monitoring of College enterprises
- developing capital and maintenance programs
- developing local strategic plans (finances, buildings, resources) and contributing to
Archdiocesan educational strategic planning
- approving College uniform items decided at College level
The Community Council has responsibility to provide advice in areas such as:
- curriculum offerings
- educational policies for the College e.g. reporting, homework
- student welfare policies e.g. discipline, sun safe
- parent support processes
- other matters as requested by the Parish Priest or Principal.
2023 Community Council Membership
Chairperson - TBA
Deputy Chairperson - Victoria Cordova
Secretary - TBA
Ex-officio - Shane Giles
Ex-officio - Kevin Kelly
Parish Priest - Fr George
Member - Position/s Vacant
Staff Representative - David Crawford
Staff Representative - Antoinette Woods
Staff Representative - Barb Gough
About our some of our Members ...
For further information about our Community Council please contact the College on 6495 8888 or email email@example.com.